- 1 cup (6 ounces) of water
- 1 packet of active-dry yeast (if using instant yeast, you don’t need to dissolve it during the first step)
- 3 cups (10 ounces) whole wheat or unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup artichoke hearts
- 3 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup oregano, destemmed
- 1/4 cup basil, destemmed
- 1/4 cup parsley, destemmed
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3/4-1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Olive Oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Between 30 minutes-1 hour before baking, preheat your oven to 400 degrees. If you plant to use a baking stone, place it in the middle of the oven. Add lukewarm water to yeast and whisk and stir yeast thoroughly into water. Allow the yeast a few minutes to dissolve. Measure flour into a mixing bowl, add salt and use your hand or whisk to combine. Pour water-yeast over flour mixture and use your hands or a wooden spoon to combine. Turn dough onto counter with extra flour and knead until flour is incorporated. Roll onto parchment or pizza stone in whatever method you know best.
- Brush dough with a little olive oil and add all ingredients except cheese. Bake for 5 minutes and rotate pizza 180-degrees. Bake for an additional 3 minutes and then sprinkle cheese over top. Leave in oven an additional 3 minutes or until the edges of your pizza are golden and crispy.
- Remove pizza from oven and cool on wire rack for five minutes.